Saturday, March 24, 2012

Baked Oatmeal

Wow. I haven't been around here in a while! Shame on me. I guess I've been enjoying our unusually mild Wisconsin winter this year, which is just crazy. Even though it's officially spring, I'm still holding my breath for a random, fierce blizzard... at which point I would make a big cup of chai tea to go with this d-i-v-i-n-e baked oatmeal!



It's very easy to put together, easily serves at least 6, and you can throw it together the night before and bake first thing in the morning. If you go this route, store the prepped oatmeal overnight in the fridge for next day baking, or store in the freezer for another morning.

Baked Oatmeal
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
3/4 cup raw or brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
3 cups regular or quick oats

  • Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Beat eggs, sugar and butter together. Mix in baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
  • Stir in milk and oats.
  • Bake for 35 minutes or until middle is set.
  • Optional: Serve topped with milk and a sprinkle of sugar.
To Freeze: Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish and cover well. Freeze.
To Serve: Thaw overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until middle is set.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment