Speaking of sweet! These buttery cookies just melt in your mouth and are so addictive. I'm thinking, if I make these next year, I'm going to have a few people in mind to ship them to. They're dangerous, just sitting on the counter... calling my name...
|(iPod dead and camera without batteries - cell pic it is.)|
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. raspberry or cherry jam
1. Combine flour and salt in small bowl. Beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract, mix until well blended. Add flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time. Mix until soft dough forms. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spread remaining 1/2 cup sugar on a small plate (I put the sugar in a 1 cup measuring cup and just shook the dough ball around). Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake cookies just until firm, about 5 minutes. Remove cookies from oven. Make deep indentation in center of each cookie.
4. Fill indentations with heaping 1/2 teaspoon of jam (*Hint: Stir the jam first. It will be much easier to spoon into the indentations). Return cookies to oven. Bake for 10 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Enjoy (and good luck exercising self-control)!